Website

Monday, March 21, 2011

MyDiab New York Design!

Last week I had a lot of fun working on a New York City living room design. The client wanted to keep their existing furniture and give it an update by reupholstering. Their style was eclectic with a touch of whimsical. They were not afraid to go bold with fabric patterns and color. I created 3 different color palettes so they didn't feel limited on fabric choices.







I created 3 different color palettes mostly in the jewel tone family. The fabric patterns are Asian inspired to go with some of their Asian antiques in the room. This also adds to the eclectic feel.



I kept the window treatment simple so it would not compete with the yellow walls and panels of grasscloth. The client has a great fireplace with bookcases. I created a drawing to help them stage and organize the shelves. I also included some inspiration photos of bookcases to try and copy.




The client received large samples of fabric in addition to small swatches on the design boards. I also included photos of the fabrics in their shopping list. This will give them an idea of the full scale fabric pattern.

I think these bursts of color and pattern will give their lovely home a nice update. I hope they enjoy the design as much as I enjoyed creating it. ~xo~ Annie

Contact Decorator in a Box at www.mydiab.com to create your online custom design in the most financially savvy way!

No comments:

Post a Comment