Website

Friday, March 25, 2011

Italian Inspiration

Awhile ago I grew very tired of the Tuscan decorating people were doing in their homes. I got aggravated when clients would say I like the Tuscan look. I think because it is so often done poorly with a bad faux finish and Italian themed chochkees from a local Homegoods store. I now am changing my tune thanks to a featured Italian home in Elle Decor. I think I could now see myself in an authentic Italian home. I love the eclectic mix of carved antiques, textured fabrics, colorful rugs, rusty lanterns and the worn out leather sofa. This home just speaks to me like a double scoop of gelato. I hope this home inspires people to make their Tuscan style homes a bit more authentic. Italian design is so much more than hanging a painting of a bottle of wine on the wall that has been sponge painted (yikes did I just say sponge paint). Have a great weekend everyone. ~xo~ Annie



{photos above via elle decor}
Contact Decorator in a Box at www.mydiab.com to create your online custom design in the most financially savvy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment