Website

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Children's Bedroom Design Brooklyn, NY


It is not often enough I get to design children's bedrooms, so I was very excited when this project arrived in my email. Designing children's rooms allows me to be a kid all over again. This recent design was for a brother and sister in Brooklyn, NY. They live in a temporary apartment while their family is looking for a home to buy with more space. The design mission was to create a room for both a 3 year old boy and his little 1 year old sis. They already had the furniture, so I just had to make it all work together in the space. I had to be careful to not make the room too boyish or too girly. I achieved this by going with area rug and artwork options that will speak to both boys and girls. Both kiddos love to read books with their parents, so I created a cozy reading corner. I emphasized the reading corner with fabric party garland found on Etsy and a cozy sheep skin rug to lounge on. I think it is a must to display children's artwork on the walls. I selected mismatched frames from West Elm to collage and display their masterpieces. I can't wait to get another children's room design, so please keep them coming! I hope these kids have as much fun playing in this room as I did. ~xo~ Annie










Contact Decorator in a Box at www.mydiab.com to create your online custom design in the most financially savvy way!

2 comments: