Website

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Inspiration!

What inspires you? How do you think of ideas for a space? These are the questions I am always asked. I am inspired by so many things and people. Inspiration can come from anywhere. Truly the best inspiration I get comes from my clients. Decorator in a Box has the best clients! They are style savvy, fun, creative and inspired people. When I begin a project I always have them send me inspiration images. These images come from magazines, artwork or just a single chair. This is my favorite part of beginning a project. I love seeing what inspires them and then it inspires me. My job is to create the clients vision. They have the idea and I just need to help execute it. I get to pull all their ideas together and create balance so that vision makes sense. I have such a fun job!

I am also inspired by my favorite designers. My favorite designers are fearless and most importantly fun.





Jonathan Adler coined the style "Happy Chic". His designs are that and more while having a great sense of humor.







The hottest hotels in the country are the ones that Kelly Wearstler designed. She has created "Hollywood Regency" and beyond!






When I was a designer fresh out of college my mentor took me to meet Thomas Pheasant. He was then launching his new furniture line with Baker. I could not believe I was going to meet him. When we shook our hands I looked at him star struck. He told my mentor how much he loved the antique brooch pinned to her jacket. He then told us how he designed a mirror from an antique brooch. That mirror is the one you see below and is a famous design staple today. You never know what will inspire you.



Decorator in a Box can help you create your vision in the most financially savvy way www.mydiab.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment