Website

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Montauk, NY Coastal Retreat

I had so much fun last week working on my first Montauk, NY coastal design. I have not had the pleasure of visiting this area, but have always heard wonderful things. My client tells me it has a 50's/60's surfer town vibe which sounds right up my alley. My family is all on the West Coast and Midwest, so we rarely get to visit the East. I am going to have to plan a special trip to check out this new trend beach area.



  The client’s inspiration came from this Elle Decor story on Meg Ryan's Martha's Vineyard home. The home boasts amazing industrial architecture, clean minimal furniture and accessories with a coastal flare.
 
 





 I kept the design and floor plan relaxed and minimal. I selected coastal stripe rugs paired with soft and light upholstered furnishings. To finish things off I added pop’s of industrial accessories and accent tables. I think this family will enjoy every getaway to their beach retreat. Happy Decorating! Xo ~ Annie



What is your dream retreat? I would love to hear your comments.

Contact Decorator in a Box at MyDiab.com to create your online custom design in the most financially savvy way!

No comments:

Post a Comment