Website

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Playroom State of Mind

I feel like I say every room is my favorite to design, but I really mean it with playrooms. Every space design transports me to a state of mind. In Playroom designs I think imagination, create, curl up, pretend and laughter. This design was for two little girls, so I really got to reminisce. The design objective was to create a playful space that had a flea market twist (always love when clients say that) and was not overly girly. They wanted function, comfort and durability.
On the floorplan I created three separate play areas. We had our main toy area with lots of storage, seating and FLOR carpet for durability (it is the BEST for playrooms). Reading nook equipped with "grass like" carpet and teepee. Then craft area with supply storage, workspace and of course lots of display for artwork (which you can see on the elevation drawing).
I think my favorite area of the entire room is the reading corner. It has a camping theme equipped with teepee, "grass like" rug and cozy bean bag seating. I also love the use of the non-functioning fireplace as a bookshelf. I would love to get lost in a book while pretend camping...I mean who wouldn't love it at any age. xo ~ Annie
Contact Decorator in a Box at Mydiab.com to create your online custom design in the most financially savvy way!

No comments:

Post a Comment